No reward points for this product.
Treatment for :
- deep wounds, dental infections, babesiosis, neosporosis, abscess, osteomyelitis.
- infected wounds and abscesses
- pus in the skin
PRESENTATION: Blister of ten tablets
- Excellent antibiotic for aerobic(growth of bacteria in the oxygenated environment) and anaerobic bacterial (react negatively/die of oxygen presence [ Unicellular like- protozoa]) coverage.
- Choice of drug for superficial and deep pyoderma(deep bacterial infection of the epidermis and hair follicle leading to rupture of the follicle) with fewer side effects.
- Suitable for using on deep wounds, dental infections, babesiosis, neosporosis, abscess, osteomyelitis.
- It's meaty flavor chewable tablets make to make food tastier.
- Available in 3 different strengths for convenient dosing as per the body weight for various indications.
- Excellent dissolution profile for better bioavailability
INDICATIONS: Clindamycin uncoated tablet is indicated for use in dogs as follows:
- Treating infected wounds and abscesses.
- Infected mouth cavity and dental infections.
- Provide antimicrobial cover during dental procedures.
- For the treatment of pus in the skin (superficial pyoderma) associated with Staphylococcus intermedius.
- Treatment of osteomyelitis, caused by Staphylococcus aureus.
- Before Clindamycin therapy is initiated, the involved pathogens should be identified and sensitivity to clindamycin established.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION: For oral administration only.
1. For treatment of infected mouth cavity and dental infections in dogs, infected wounds and abscesses, administer either:
- 5.5 mg/kg of body weight every 12 hours for 7-10 days, or
- 11 mg/kg of body weight every 24 hours for 7-10 days
If there is no clinical response is seen within 4 days, diagnosis is pre-determined. Gives antimicrobial cover during dental procedures. The 10-day course is recommended, which is initiated 5-days before & after the therapy. For dogs, treatment is extended to a max of 28-days depending on the clinical judgment.
2. For the treatment of superficial bacterial infection of the epidermis and hair follicle in dogs, administer either:
- 5.5 mg/kg of body weight every 12 hours, or
- 11 mg/kg of body weight every 24 hours
Therapy of canine superficial pyoderma(Pyoderma refers to a bacterial infection of the skin that is very common in dogs) is usually recommended for 21 days, with the extension of therapy based on clinical judgment.
3. For the treatment of osteomyelitis in dogs (swelling of bones due to bacterial infections), administer:
- 11 mg/kg of body weight every 12 hours for a minimum of 28 days
If there is no clinical response is seen within 14 days, the treatment should be stopped and the diagnosis redetermined.
|Bodyweight||Superficial pyoderma||Dental infections, wounds and abscesses||Osteomyelitis|
|5.5 mg/kg/12 h - 21 days||11 mg/kg/24 h - 7-10 days||11 mg/kg/12 h - 28 days|
|4.5Kg||1 x 25 mg bid||2 x 25 mg od||2 x 25 mg bid|
|13.5Kg||1 x 150 mg od||1 x 150 mg od||1 x 150 mg bid|
|27.0Kg||1 x 300 mg od||1 x 300 mg od||1 x 300 mg bid|
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION: Safety in gestating bitches or breeding male dogs has not been established.
CONTRAINDICATIONS, WARNINGS ETC:
- Should not be used in animals which are hypersensitive to the preparations containing clindamycin or lincomycin.
- This medication results in a severe gastrointestinal disturbance on animals like rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, chinchillas, horses or ruminants
- During long-term therapy of one month or greater, periodic liver, kidney function tests and blood counts should be performed.
PRESENTATION: Blister of ten tablets
STORAGE: Store in a cool and dry place.
Keep out of reach of children.