Petcare Worm Trap-P 15ml
By buying this product you can collect up to 2 points. Your cart will total 2 points that can be converted into a voucher of ₹2.00.₹110.00 -5%
Puppies as well to mothers (if prescribed by vet to mother).
Age : 2-12 Weeks puppies.
What Is Pyrantel Pamoate?
The Pyrantel Pamoate is the medicine commonly used for pets to treat the hookworms and roundworms in dogs and cats. There is some reason when this medicine is used to pets:
1) When pets have consumed the Roundworms and hookworms which are in any of the forms like - contaminated soil, faeces & eat an infected prey animal.
2) When the mother is infected, then the puppies are also affected by this.
Pyrantel Pamoate is not much effective against the worms - tapeworms, whipworms & many other intestinal parasites.
The Veterinarian can suggest the test - faecal floatation test which is a commonly used test & important to pets for knowing the existence of the internal parasites. The test process includes, where the small sample of the pet faecal is collected & kept in a solution, which encourages the parasite eggs to float, which are examined under the microscope. Depending on the type of parasite eggs, deworming medication is prescribed by the vet doctor
The Pyrantel Pamoate is available in the single agent or else in combinations with other dewormer medicines. Pyrantel Pamoate & Febantel Suspension is used for treating the pets affected with roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, and tapeworms; shown effective results.
Working Nature: The medication makes the worms(hook & round) paralyzing, where they are passed from the pet body in faeces & vomiting (less frequently)
Storage Instructions: Store in a tightly sealed container at room temperature.
Side Effects: Pyrantel pamoate is poorly absorbed through the gastrointestinal tract and is a very safe way to treat hookworms and roundworms in dogs and cats. Pyrantel is safe for use in pregnant and nursing pets.
- The doses will fall between 2.5 mg/450gms and 10 mg/450gms are fairly typical. Given in the oral route.
- Usually given in a single dose repeated by weeks to kill parasite's which have matured in that time.
- If the age of the pet falls under the ages of 2 - 12 weeks, with the risk of high infection then it is prescribed for every 2-3 weeks in that age period.
- The nursing dogs can be given after 2-3 weeks approximately, to reduce the chances & which can be pass worms to puppies.
Instructions: To be followed on the product label.
Shake liquid before usage.
- Junior 3-18 Months